Vitiligo is a disorder which occurs mainly due to diet irregularities and due to improper hygiene. Ayurveda supports improper hygiene as the main reason of vitiligo. Mostly the defective immune system of human causes various autoimmuno diseases. Vitiligo is importanat among them.
According to Ayurveda , one can control vitiligo by just following the vitiligo diet.
Ayurhealthline has seen and examined various cases of vitiligo which had vigorous spreading and after following its prescribed vitiligo diet 80% of such cases felt 70% spreading control within 6 weeks and remaining 30% spread control in later weeks.
So the emphasis of vitiligo diet is the most in treating vitiligo and leucoderma.
Vitiligo Diet topic consisits of the food items which are completely avoidable in vitiligo condition.
Ayurvedic treatment emphasises the value of vitiligo diet in treatment of vitiligo.
Mainly the things which lowers the pigmentation rate should be avoided in vitiligo & leucoderma.
Lots of fermented products, ascorbic acids and pungent food items are considered to be slowing down the pigmentation process.
More details on how to avoid diet in vitiligo can be found in our vitiligo food page