Facts behind Vitiligo & Leucoderma
Vitiligo & Leucoderma are long time devastating disorders which has more social than medical values.
Ayurveda indicates & virudh ahar sevan (as eating fish & milk together) as basic common reason for Vitiligo & Leucoderma . Actually we term this as odd food combination which results into Autoimmunity (a condition in which immune system of body destroys its own cells & tissues). This results into toxin formation inside the body which ultimately disturbs the immune system due to which the pigment producing melanocytes cells gets inactive or degenerated and thus vitiligo is formed. Vitiligo is also named Safed daag in hindi.
Other related causes of Vitiligo could be improper hygiene, inappropriate food combinations, regular junk food intake, insecticide/pesticide treated green vegetable intake regularly, past history of Jaundice or Typhoid fever, harsh Antibiotic use etc. One important cause of Vitiligo could be sudden emotional trauma, stress or some immunosuppresant conditions.
Cause of Leucoderma could be accidental as a cut, burn or an ulcer. With due reasons the melanocytes cells (which produce melanin pigment) gets dormant or inactive. Due to this dormancy or inactivity the pigmentation gradually disappears from the skin layers and the skin converts white there resulting into a white patch.
Although hereditary condition which is almost 10-15%, is also attached as the cause of Vitiligo. But this is not certain that all the kids of vitiligo affected parents develop Vitiligo. Several families can be found unaffected despite family history of Vitiligo.
More Facts behind Vitiligo & Leucoderma
• This is a silent disorder as if no pain or burning may be felt during its onset
• This is considered neither infectious nor contagious
• Most cases does not have any symptoms
• In dark people it looks more ugly with respect to white people because of its prominence and white colour
• Yoga & meditation can reduce chances of vitiligo spreading
• Your heigine and good food habits can reduce chances of having vitiligo
• Taking suppressive treatments like corticosteroids, steroids can lead to widespread spreading of the patches in most of the cases of vitiligo & leucoderma.
• It’s always better to avoid chemicals and chemical treatments in vitiligo & Leucoderma.
Inappropriate food combinations or Odd food combination examples are
• Taking hot & cold food items together regularly.
• Taking more salty & milk items together regularly.
• Taking milk just after non vegetarian food regularly.
Disclaimer *Results may vary person to person*